There is an ongoing challenge to efficiently meet the growing storage needs of business applications such as messaging, collaboration, file services, Web, office productivity, databases, and more. What is needed is storage that is both efficient and flexible with high-end availability and performance to effectively meet the challenges of virtualized and traditional IT environments.
With the NetApp FAS3200 series you can cost-effectively meet the storage needs of business applications in both virtual and traditional environments. Handle today’s workloads with industry-leading storage efficiency through the NetApp unified architecture running our Data ONTAP® storage operating system. Consolidate diverse data sets plus be ready to respond to change more easily and non-disruptively with the extra PCIe slots, high performance, and enterprise-class availability of the FAS3200 series.
Midsize environments can gain high-end benefits without the budget or space required to support frame-array-class systems. Regional data centers, replicated sites, and departmental systems that need full-featured, yet efficient, storage with advanced availability and performance capabilities can benefit too.
The FAS3200 series spans three models to enable you to tailor-fit a solution that’s right for your environment: FAS3210, FAS3240, and FAS3270. Our systems are simple to install, provision, and upgrade to meet your needs. Plus you can maximize productivity with our common suite of application-aware management software. The FAS3200 systems, with the best value for mixed workloads, can give you an edge that other midrange storage platforms simply cannot match.
Lower Costs with Our Highly Efficient Systems
NetApp delivers a truly unified storage architecture that uses a single platform with common software and processes across all tiers of storage. You can consolidate your diverse workloads with multi-protocal support and also benefit from integrated data protection, one operating system across the entire family, and heterogenous disk array support with V-series. This helps you maximize the efficiency of your virtual servers by delivering storage when and where it’s needed.
What’s more, common management across our unified storage architecture assists in consolidation of diverse data sets and data-in-place controller upgrades to more powerful FAS systems. This lowers your administrative costs and makes it easier for you to deploy new capabilities across your enterprise.
If you are looking to dramatically decrease your consumption of space, power, and cooling, then deploy your FAS3200 series system with our DS2246 disk shelf. This leading-edge disk shelf features the latest SAS technology using small-form-factor SAS 2.5” disk drives capable of doubling capacity per rack unit, conserving your valuable data center resources.
The FAS3200 series scales to nearly 3PB of versatile storage that adapts readily to your growing storage demands. If your environment needs extra connectivity, the expanded I/O configurations of the FAS3240 and FAS3270 models significantly add to the number of PCIe expansion slots available. Moreover, all FAS3200 systems support Data ONTAP in both standard and cluster modes, providing you with the flexibility of up to 24 nodes.
Get Proven Availability and Performance
The FAS3200 series is built on the proven enterprise-class availability of the NetApp storage infrastructure. The FAS3200 models leverage from highend systems by introducing features such as Alternate Control Path (ACP) and service processor. These enhance our already highly available architecture by enabling additional diagnostics and non-disruptive recovery.
You can further boost data availability and get zero planned and unplanned downtime by combining the FAS3200 series with our MetroCluster™ solution, which promotes continuous access to data and prevents data loss. MetroCluster delivers distance array-based clustering to protect against outages within your data center, across campus, or citywide due to hardware failures, power, network, and environmental faults.
The FAS3200 series features leadingedge technology for high-performance storage. Use our DS4243 with solid state drives (SSDs) when every I/O read must be fast. Or boost system performance by adding up to 2TB of Flash Cache. These intelligent caching modules automatically increase read rates and reduce average latency for your frequently accessed data, without adding more disk drives. Our Flash Cache combined with hard disk drives is an effective and typically more affordable alternative to SSDs.
Industry-Leading Storage Efficiency with Data ONTAP
- Data ONTAP is our storage operating system that delivers industry-leading storage efficiency across our unified architecture.
- Expand or contract LUNs or volumes instantly with thin provisioning to keep storage operations as lean as possible.
- High-efficiency NetApp Integrated Data Protection reduces the cost and complexity of safeguarding your business.
- Space-efficient Snapshot™ copies enable more frequent local backups and restores in minutes.
- Thin replication enables backup and recovery, disaster recovery, and archival using minimal storage capacity and network resources.
- Likewise, our low-overhead double-parity RAID-DP® offers better data protection and capacity utilization than traditional RAID implementations.
- Add to this our NetApp deduplication and data compression, which provide the industry’s best answer to ever-increasing storage capacity demands, and you can dramatically increase the efficiency of your storage and lower TCO.
FAS3200 Series Software
The FAS3200 includes a simplified software structure that offers more value and enhanced simplicity while maintaining a flexible foundation for building custom solutions.
Recent enhancements include:
- More software value is now included standard with every system via Data ONTAP Essentials
- A-la-carte structure of add-on software simplified to five key software products
- Customers have the flexibility to select one protocol of their choice to be included with the base system (other protocols can be added separately)
- A Complete Bundle of all NetApp Extended Value software is available for all-inclusive functionality and convenience
Modular offerings customized for you
NetApp Professional Services can assist you in any and every phase of the storage lifecycle. Whether you need help planning your next-generation storage system, need an extra set of hands for a major storage deployment, or want to upgrade your existing infrastructure, NetApp Professional Services personnel have the skills and expertise. NetApp offers a complete portfolio of services. In summary, NetApp Professional Services offerings include:
- Solution suites: These customized solutions are designed to address your business-level challenges holistically.
- Assessment services: Enlist NetApp to identify and document business, storage, and infrastructure requirements and receive recommendations for improvements.
- Consulting services: Reduce the complexity of your networked storage implementation when you enlist our experts to design, document, and implement a range of applications and solutions.
- Deployment/implementation services: Reduce risk as we prepare your site, install and connect systems, set up your software, and perform complete verification.
- Managed services: Have NetApp experts on site to perform storage management services so you can focus on core business initiatives